The game challenges players who must solve the problems in order to be successful. Games create realistic situations that players will come up against. Through friendly competition, players will be motivated and encouraged to learn the game.
The use of small sided games becomes an important developmental tool. Through them, players are encouraged to respond to the game and motivated to learn how to solve problems. Small sided games incorporate all of the major elements of the game.
SSG are great learning experience to focus on areas such as: transitional play, quality of touches, quality and speed of decision making, and positioning. Not to forget the fact that small sided games are fun and players enjoy the competition.
Positive sides of small sided games:
- They are fun and foster a lifelong passion for the beautiful game.
- Kids are practicing with a ball away from specific coaching.
- Kids play soccer to learn soccer.
- Learning by doing, children naturally learn matching situations by constant repetition and frequent ball contact.
- Technique, soccer insight and communication are most effectively developed in game related situations.
- A small sided game maximizes involvement in real soccer situations.
- Freedom to fail, as the play caries on.
- Encouraging and developing creativity and spontaneity.
- This manual gives you ten ready prepared games for your training sessions. Games are age appropriate, although, they can be used for all levels.
- During the play, don’t forget to correct players with minimal stopping to keep the game flow.