Our philosophy is to encourage players to win the ball from opponent rather than wait for their mistake. When you play against good team, it’s not likely that they will give a ball away so easy. So, we are teaching players how to defend successfully and gain possession of the ball.
5 main aims of defending are:
- Not conceding a goal
- Denying opponents to shoot at goal
- Denying opponents to arrive in goal scoring position
- Not letting the opponent to progress in buildup phase
- Winning the ball back
The focus must be on individual defending, as well as on group defending. It is important that players understand principles of defending in both situations. Main defending actions are:
- Stop opponents
- Win the ball
- Delay and force him to make mistake
- Force him to play back, not passing and shooting forward
- Make a foul as a last option
- Never let the opponent to pass you with the ball
When player is in defending situation, he should be confident of his decision. In order to do that, he must be aware of his actions and must know all the principles. Below are important tips and instructions.
- Keep the opponent in front of you.
- See the player and the ball at all times. Focus on the ball when defending.
- Bend your knees and be on your toes.
- Stay sideways to be in advantage when attacker moves.
- Be prepared to move quickly backwards or to the side.
- Have patience and don’t rush tackle.
- Force the attacker into pressure.
- Defender must close distance while ball is traveling.
- Play hard with intensity and don’t give up even if you get beaten, track back towards the goal.
In team sport like soccer is, many times during the games players relay on each other.
Players complement each other in all actions with the same aim – wining the ball and create counter attack. During team defending main actions are:
There are no reviews yet.